Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Reservation

My neighborhood is much different from the reservation that Junior lives on, but still there are some similarities.  On the reservation, everyone knows each other and knows where they live and knows what they do.  But most people in my neighborhood are strangers to me.  Of course, I have people that I know really well and I have acquaintances, but most people that I see on the street or in nearby stores, are strangers.  Another thing that is different, is that on the reservation that Junior lived on, he mentioned many times that everyone there was poor.  I would not say the same for my neighborhood.  But something that is similar between the reservation and my neighborhood is that they both hold community gatherings.  On the reservation, they all go to pow-wow's to meet up and dance and eat.  And in my neighborhood, they hold festivals with food and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment